6/23/07

Where The Hell Are You?

I'll tell ya. Working on my tan while unemployed. I have been on a month-long sabbatical. I prefer to call it a sabbatical with options. Sorry if I have alienated the few viewers I had. Now that no one is dropping by to read a dead blog, I figure now is a good time to update anyone interested.
I have been going to playgrounds every day, exploring Wisconsin State Parks, going to the beach, flying kites, going to the discount store down the street because it's just like the one I used to go to when I was 7, going to outdoor concerts, sampling Milwaukee's micro brews, watching "Mythbusters," "Man vs. Wild," "Cash Cab," and "Baseball Tonight." I have also been to the Milwaukee Art Museum, Milwaukee Public Museum, the Milwaukee Public Library, the Aqua Lounge, Pizzeria Piccola, Steak N' Shake, the Public Market, and Polish Fest. I also have taught Isaac how to pee on the weeds. He now does this in front of people. In fact, he pulled down his pants in front of a party of about 20 or so medical students having a BBQ in their back yard. Classy. I just raised my beer can his way and gave him thumbs up. Hell, he's 3.

I need to start working on the job search, but I think it will be another week before I motivate myself to do it. I just reached the "I have been on vacation for almost a month and I am starting to live like Bill Clinton after the presidency" threshold, which means in a
few more weeks I should be waking up at three in the morning on the couch with chocolate all over my face, chest, and underwear with either a UFC Match, "Papillon," or "All the President's Men" on the tube.

I am kicking out ideas and drafting my course of action. I think the next week or two will involve some research and development. Summer here in Milwaukee has been nothing short of awesome so far. I need to get my camera back to document the people and places I have visited. I think I love this state. More on that in my upcoming posts.

2 comments:

dfddesign said...

Finally. I've been waiting. In the meantime, Dustin and I were working on being coneheads...

(I tried to post the photo, but it didn't work. Please view my blog.)

Frederick V. Pabst said...

That basket thing on your head rocks me, Amadeus.