7/10/07

This Town is Crazy

I just got this message in my inbox 5 minutes ago:

"Let's not think about design, computer software, getting a job, losing a job, Mac or PC, web or print. Let's think about great company over Bocca's (yes we cater to veg-heads), Brats & Burgers accompanied by beers of all kind, soda and water. Yes, let's have a purely social meet up with cool people, including our very own Milwaukee Brewers.

So here's the deal - the event can be as cheap or as expensive as you want, we just want to see your shining face. You'll need to purchase your own ticket and bring something to drink to share, but the meat is on us as well as the fun times.

If you don't want to pay for parking, may I suggest Long Wong's shuttle on Bluemound?

If you just want to socialize, you won't even have to get a ticket.

If you do want to see the game, tickets are available on Brewer's Site from $13 to $85. There will be a big chunk of us in the 400's ($13 seats), so feel free to join us there.

The party doesn't stop there. After, we'll also be going to Festa for Italian goodness and fireworks. So how can you say no to such a great event?

Please, Please RSVP so I know how much meat and goodies to buy. Also, you'll be given my cell phone number so you can get easy access to us at the game."

Now this doesn't sound crazy, but here it is in context: I get about 4 of these a month. There are also at least 5 festivals going on in Milwaukee during said month. There is also music in the park series every Wednesday, where parents get to wheel in wagons with loaded coolers. Then you have the once-a-month social events going on weekdays and there are about 4 of them a month for designers. Don't forget Jazz in the Park, 4th of July, Bastille Day, and Summerfest, as well as the traditional summer harvest celebrations. Put it all together and you're partying 3 times a week on average, and I think you could squeeze in a couple more because I'm not even looking at the weekly reader they have here.

So far I have been to 4 festivals this past month and I haven't even tried. It's totally nuts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Interesting Blog you have Here........

Frederick V. Pabst said...

Thanks. I like interesting. I'll keep up the work.

Anonymous said...

You do That!