9/10/07

Brew Crew







The Brew Crew is ridiculous. They are one of the few teams in baseball that score 8 runs, and still are in a panic in the 7th and feel they need to tack on a few extra to get the win. Can their bullpen be any worse? This team banged out 210 home runs, yet still struggles to keep themselves in contention. I say combine the Twins bullpen and the Brewers offense, and you'll get the best team in baseball.

By the way, I'm totally happy to be a packers and a brewers fan, because I think they both might have the best logos in professional sports. Can you really beat the Brewers old-school logo? I mean, it's perfect. They work in the m, the b, and a catcher's mitt and a baseball.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raiders? What happened?

Frederick V. Pabst said...

I have to admit, the Raiders have one hell of a logo. So do the Bears Steelers, Chargers, and Lions. I like the old-school, pre-expansion logos the best. I don't like Raptors, Ravens, Jaguars, Giraffes, Chimps and shit pasted all over the helmets. I can't even tell what the hell they are.

Anonymous said...

Shit pasted on Helmets...HeHerHeHerHeHer
The Shiat Heads and their logo could be a sack of flaming poo........

Duplicity Jones said...

Here's a little fun fact about the brewers logo - it was designed by a student. Tom Meindel, an Art History student at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, designed the logo and earned the $2,000 first prize.

Frederick V. Pabst said...

Well congrats to Tom for designing one of the coolest-and most relevant-logos ever. Believe it or not, it reminds me of a lot of the design going on in Canada, a sort of mid-to-late century modernist-minimal design where the elements are simple and communicate a clear purpose.